Skills In Focus Overview: Listen Like Yoda
What Will I Get?
- Pre event: You'll receive instructions plus reflection questions, to help you get the most from the event
- The event: A total of 90 mins facilitated by Starr's expert coach facilitators, light theory plus practice.
- Post event: receive the session recording, available to view for 30 days.
Who Is It For?
The Listen Like Yoda session is suitable for:
- Managers who know that they could be a better listener or want to play with a less directive (coaching) style.
- Anyone who wants to develop a stronger focus of listening for others. Perhaps you've had the feedback that you're not a great listener, or you already know that you tend to talk more than is helpful in conversation.
- Anyone training as a coach to get first-hand experience of listening using Julie Starr's 'levels of listening model' (from Brilliant Coaching and The Coaching Manual).
Skills In Focus: Listen like Yoda
We often think that to build influence in conversation, we must talk more. This session will demonstrate how your ability to influence begins with your ability to listen. Are you listening? it’s not quite as simple as a 'yes' or 'no' response, come along and learn the different levels of our listening and what helps or blocks that.
Come prepared to practice your listening in a safe, supported environment (we use Zoom rooms).
When Is this?
The next live event will take place at [00:00] UK time on the [00/00/00]
About Julie Starr
Since 2002, Julie's best-selling book, The Coaching Manual has supported the evolution of the coaching field through simple, powerful principles and practical approaches. Julie’s books Brilliant Coaching and The Mentoring Manual help managers and leaders raise business performance by developing people. Her books are required reading on coach training programmes around the world.
Julie is MD of Starr Coaching, www.starrcoaching.co.uk a leading provider of coach training in organisations, she is a featured coach in the Netflix LEAP Coaching Movie.
Julie also writes novels for young adults and donates proceeds to charities which house, heal and educate street children and orphans, www.ruffdogbooks.com
What’s my investment?
Programme cost is £35* which includes:
- Joining instructions/light pre-work
- Participation on the live event
- Access to a recording of the live event for a period of 12 weeks
Learn more about LearnStarr
What does LearnStarr do?
LearnStarr advances the skills of managers and leaders in the workplace with a clear focus on enabling others to learn, develop and perform. We develop manager mindset and ability to help them thrive.
What kind of learning do you focus on?
We are recognised experts in the field of coaching and mentoring. We’re also hugely experienced in topics such as conversational influence, emotional maturity, and the impact of ego in the workplace.
How does it work?
All programmes and events are delivered by either Julie Starr or members of her team. During programmes involving multiple events - Intermediate, Advanced and Certificate – you also gain access to content and resources within LearnStarr. Before and after each event, you are invited into LearnStarr to watch something, read something, write something, etc.