Manager as coach: foundation
- Our three-stage, self-study programme
- Access LearnStarr resources, e.g., videos, self-assessments, reading, reflection and downloads (12 week period)
- Access to audio version of Brilliant Coaching, by Julie Starr (12 week period)
What Will I get from this?
This programme enables you to:
- Understand what a coaching style looks and sounds like in the workplace
- Decide how a coaching style can benefit you in your role and situation
- Get started on adopting coaching principles and behaviours to gain quick results
A natural way to learn
Over a twelve week period, you can:
- Decide your own priorities; view videos, read, listen and practice in practical ways for you
- Work through the three stages of the course; use your everyday situations to raise your awareness
- Move from ideas to action – be supported to try out coaching ideas and principles for yourself
Who IS IT FOR?
Manager as Coach: Foundation is suitable for:
- People who manage people, at any level
- Professionals who provide a coaching or facilitation role, e.g. HR Advisors
- Anyone interested in coaching or mentoring others in the workplace
Manager as Coach: Foundation
What skills and abilities do you cover?
Specific programme content includes:
- What is coaching? When does this style of conversation work well - and why?
- When coaching doesn’t work, what to avoid
- What does a coaching style versus a more directive managing style look/sound like in conversation?
- What type of questions work best?
- Self-awareness, what is your typical style of influence and how can this improve?
- How can coaching work for you, e.g. in your role, with your colleagues and teams?
- Take coaching forward, your plan for action, development themes and goals.
Your Learning Journey
What’s my investment?
Programme cost is £125* which includes:
- Access to supplementary materials on LearnStarr, e.g. 10 video tutorials and demonstrations plus downloadable resources
- Access to materials for twelve weeks after the point of purchase
- A time limited money back guarantee, e.g. within 2 days (48 hours) of purchasing, if you are not happy, we will refund your cost
Our Entry Level Programme
This self-study programme helps managers and professionals gain fast access to the core principles, definitions and understanding of what coaching is (and isn’t) within the role of a busy manager or leader.
This programme can also engage others during a company-wide programme to encourage coaching in the culture. For example, to offer understanding and engagement in the opportunity of coaching for individuals and the broader business.
Activity, support and resources - what’s included
Learn more about LearnStarr